PTA Membership Information
The Hage Elementary PTA welcomes you to the 2013-2014 school year! Our membership drive has begun and we want you to join us in making this the best school year ever.
The Hage Elementary PTA is a volunteer group of parents, teachers, administrators and any other member of our community that supports our enrichment programs for the students at Hage. Here are a few of those programs:
- Art Corps- is a K-5 art experience that introduces artists and techniques to all Hage Students.
- Field Trip Buses- are provided so that students can have some off campus learning experiences.
- Literacy Support- helps to provide new materials for our school library.
- Our Family Programs and Events- Ice Cream Social, Fall Festival, Family Dance to name just a few.
- 3rd-5th Grade Swim Program- this is a nationally recognized program organized by our PE department, and supported by our ASB and PTA.
- Staff Copier- we help to offset the costs of photocopying for our students and teachers.
- Teacher Reimbursements- this is a per student stipend for supplies, and learning materials used for classroom instruction.
What is the membership money used for? Our Customary Membership is $11, $5.10 of that goes to State and National PTA and the remainder goes to our general fund. This helps us to continue our programs throughout the school year. We also have two other memberships available this year. The Silver Donation Membership for $25 and The Gold Donation Membership $50, the $5.10 portion goes to State and National PTA with the remainder staying at Hage for our programs.
Are all members required to attend meetings or volunteer? The simple answer is no. No one is required to participate on any level. We are looking for our members to give in the way that will work best, for them and their family. Our General Meetings are only twice a year and held when there are other programs in the evening at Hage. These are the meetings where your vote really counts. As for other volunteer positions you are welcome to volunteer as much or as little as you are able. If buying a membership is what works best for you, we thank you for that. Our hope is to include you and help you feel connected to what happens at Hage Elementary.
Any time is the right time to become involved. Feel free to ask any member of the PTA what being a member can do for you. If you have specific questions you want answered our board members are available as well. Their contact information is available on the PTA Board Member page.